Monday, July 16, 2012

The Molly Skirt

So i got to do another pattern test for Shwin and Shwin! I've decided that maybe I need to set deadlines for myself with my other sewing projects. I've had no problems getting these patterns done in one week, including pictures and blogging, I don't know why it doesn't happen with all the other projects I'm working on!? Anyway, here's the super cute bubble skirt I made. There's a picture on her Facebook page of what the original looks like, and if you go see it you can see the crazy big bow that I wasn't a big fan of. So I toned the bow down a bit, but everything else is exactly the same. Oh, I guess my model is different! I wasn't able to make one in Lulu's size, so I made it for my little cousin in-law (?) Gracie. 


It's kind of a bright and crazy fabric, but turned out perfect for Gracie!



And look!  I even did pockets for the first time, which are surprisingly easy to do!



She was the best model, I think I only took 5 pictures total because she loves to pose and smile for the camera! And I love how the skirt looks on her, perfect colors with her adorable red hair! I still hate that bow, but both Gracie and her mom loved it... maybe it's a good thing I don't have any girls!

1 comment:

  1. Hayley--the skirt you made is 10 times cuter than the picture on the pattern--and so is your little neice.

    ReplyDelete